Peripheral nerve diseases cause weakness, sensory loss and pain in the extremities.
Mayo Clinic doctors in the Peripheral Nerve Division diagnose and treat peripheral nerve disorders.
A peripheral nerve pathology laboratory reads nerve biopsies from Mayo Clinic and elsewhere.
Conditions and symptoms
- Acute demyelinating polyneuropathy or polyradiculoneuropathy
- Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy or polyradiculoneuropathy
- Brachial plexopathy
- Brachial plexus neuritis
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy or polyradiculoneuropathy
- Demyelinating polyneuropathy or polyradiculoneuropathy
- Diabetic amyotrophy
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Femoral neuropathy
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Hereditary neuropathies
- Lumbosacral plexopathy
- Mononeuritis multiplex
- Multifocal motor neuropathy
- Multiple mononeuropathies
- Neuralgic amyotrophy
- Numbness and tingling
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Peroneal neuropathy
- Sciatic neuropathy
- Sensory neuropathy
- Small fiber neuropathy
- Tingling and numbness
Doctors in the Peripheral Nerve Division actively conduct clinical and laboratory research to understand the cause of peripheral nerve disorders and develop more effective therapies.
Read about research in peripheral nerve disorders.