The Epilepsy Clinic offers a full range of outpatient diagnostic and treatment services to people who have epilepsy and epileptic seizures.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG) including video EEG and ambulatory EEG
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- SISCOM imaging
- Hormone therapy
- Ketogenic diet
- Standard and investigational drugs
- Surgery (including awake brain surgery)
- Vagus nerve stimulation
- Research trials with medications and devices
- Community education
Doctors may use inpatient video-EEG monitoring, a type of continuous monitoring, to confirm your epilepsy diagnosis and identify the focus and type of your seizures. Inpatient video-EEG monitoring is conducted in a six-bed epilepsy monitoring unit (EMU) in Mayo Clinic Hospital.