Mayo patients may contact the Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis Center at 904-296-5630 to arrange dialysis appointments. The center is open from 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Transient Dialysis Support
Dialysis patients are usually seen for a brief review of their dialysis program and active medical problems. To request transient dialysis support, call the Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis Center. The Mayo staff will want to talk to the nursing staff in the patient's current dialysis facility.
The following information will be requested:
- Patient name, date of birth, Social Security number
- Dates patient expects to be in Jacksonville
- Cause of renal failure
- Current dialysis treatment orders
- Access information
- Known allergies
- Information regarding patient stability
- Information regarding infection precaution
- Ongoing pertinent medical problems
- Recent history and physical
Peritoneal dialysis patients must arrange for the peritoneal dialysis supplies before coming to the dialysis center.
Mayo Clinic Outpatient Dialysis Center staff will help patients arrange for an appointment with a Mayo Clinic nephrologist.
Becoming a Patient
See information on patient services at the three Mayo Clinic locations, including transportation options and lodging.