See all success measures
Source: Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, June 2015
Mayo Clinic Hospital** (Jacksonville, FL)
- 1-month survival: 97.87% (n=94) • 2012-2014
- 1-year survival: 93.23% (n=94) • 2012-2014
- 3-year survival: 67.35% (n=98) • 2009-2011
- n = number of patients
- **Surgeries before April 11, 2008, were performed at St. Luke's Hospital in Jacksonville, FL.
- 1-month survival: 96.85%
- 1-year survival: 87.47%
- 3-year survival: 68.23%
Oct. 13, 2016
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. http://www.srtr.org/default.aspx. Accessed July 14, 2016.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2015-16. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Feb. 22, 2016.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 22, 2016.
- Erasmus DB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. August 3, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Lung transplantation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. About your lung transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2006.
- Hachem RR. Lung transplantation: General guidelines for recipient selection. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Planning for your transplant: A financial guide. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Sherman W, et al. Lung transplantation and coronary artery disease. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2011;92:303.
- What is coronary angiography? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ca/. Accessed July 15, 2016.
- What is a tracheostomy? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/trach/. Accessed July 15, 2016.
- What is a lung transplant? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/lungtxp/. Accessed July 15, 2016.
- Wilson ME, et al. Pretransplant frailty is associated with decreased survival after lung transplantation. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2016;35:173.
- Chandrashekaran S, et al. Weight loss prior to lung transplantation is associated with improved survival. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2015;34:651.
- Aho JM, et al. Closure of a recurrent bronchopleural fistula using a matrix seeded with patient-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Translational Medicine. 2016;5:1. http://www.stemcellstm.com. Accessed July l5, 2016.
- Single-lung transplant patient discharged. Mayovox. August 1990;37:9.
- Halum SL. A multi-institutional analysis of tracheotomy complications. Laryngoscope. 2012;122:38.