See all success measures
Source: Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, June 2015
Mayo Clinic Hospital (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1-month survival: 100.00% (n=19) • 2012-2014
- 1-year survival: 100.00% (n=19) • 2012-2014
- 3-year survival: 90.00% (n=30) • 2009-2011
- n = number of patients
- 1-month survival: 96.97%
- 1-year survival: 90.03%
- 3-year survival: 87.05%
Aug. 23, 2016
- Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. http://www.srtr.org/default.aspx. April 11, 2016.
- U.S. News & World Report. U.S. News Best Hospitals 2015-16. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Feb. 22, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Liver transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Eggebraaten KR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 23, 2016.
- Barbara DW, et al. The perioperative management of patients undergoing combined heart-liver transplantation. Transplantation. 2015;99:139.
- Bulatao IG, et al. Avoiding stay in the intensive care unit after liver transplantation: A score to assign location of care. American Journal of Transplantation. 2014;14:2088.
- Heimbach JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 28, 2016.
- Stulak JM, et al. Combined heart and abdominal organ transplantation: Excellent outcomes gained from a unique experience. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2014;33:S278.
- Ibrahim SH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 14, 2016.
- Glorioso JM, et al. Pivotal preclinical trial of the spheroid reservoir bioartificial liver. Journal of Hepatology. 2015;63:388.
- Heimbach JK, et al. Combined liver transplantation and gastric sleeve resection for patients with medically complicated obesity and end-stage liver disease. American Journal of Transplantation. 2013;13:363.
- Murad SD, et al. Long-term clinical and radiological follow up of living liver donors. Liver Transplantation. In press. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Murad SD, et al. Predictors of pretransplant dropout and posttransplant recurrence in patients with perihilar cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatology. 2012;56:973.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. About your child's liver transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Rizvi S, et al. Primary sclerosing cholangitis as a premalignant biliary tract disease: Surveillance and management. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2015;13:2152.
- Taner T, et al. Decreased chronic cellular and antibody-mediated injury in the kidney following simultaneous liver-kidney transplantation. Kidney International. 2016;89:909.
- Watt KD, et al. A practical guide to the management of HCV infection following liver transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation. 2009;9:1707.
- Rosen CB, et al. Liver transplantation for cholangiocarcinoma. Transplant International. 2010;23:692.
- Raichlin E, et al. Combined heart and liver transplantation: A single-center experience. Transplantation. 2009;88:219.
- Nagourney E. 'Domino' transplants: Rare and risky. The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2000/05/02/health/domino-transplants-rare-and-risky.html. Accessed May 12, 2016.
- Kitchens WH. Domino liver transplantation: Indications, techniques, and outcomes. Transplantation Reviews. 2011;25:167.
- Yu Y, et al. Cell therapies for liver diseases. Liver Transplantation. 2012;18:9.
- Croome KP, et al. The use of donation after cardiac death allografts does not increase recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma. American Journal of Transplantation. 2015;15:2704.
- De Assuncao TM, et al. Development and characterization of human-induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cholangiocytes. Laboratory Investigation. 2015;95:684.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 15, 2016.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 22, 2016.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 2, 2014.
- Krowka MJ, et al. International Liver Transplant Society practice guidelines: Diagnosis and management of hepatopulmonary syndrome and portopulmonary hypertension. Transplantation. 2016;100:1440.
- Patel K, et al. FibroSURE and FibroScan in relation to treatment response in chronic hepatitis C virus. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2011;17:4581.
- Singh S, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography for staging liver fibrosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A diagnostic accuracy systematic review and individual participant data pooled analysis. European Radiology. 2016;26:1431.
- Han L, et al. Extracorporeal liver support and liver transplant for patients with acute-on-chronic liver failure. Seminars in Liver Disease. 2016;36:153. https://www.thieme-connect.de/products/ejournals/html/10.1055/s-0036-1583197. Accessed June 29, 2016.
- Gallagher C. Transplant genomics enters collaboration with Mayo Clinic (news release). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 27, 2016.
- Heilman RL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. June 24, 2016.