HIV ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
The mission of Mayo's HIV Clinic is to provide the highest-quality, compassionate patient care through an integrated, multidisciplinary team of physicians, scientists, and allied health professionals.
The staff of Mayo's HIV Clinic are organized to combine their expertise for the benefit of the patient. The expertise available includes:
- six infectious diseases staff consultants and eight infectious diseases fellows
- an AIDS-certified nurse coordinator to assist in care and arrange referrals and appointments to other specialty areas
- a case manager who works intensively to overcome barriers to appropriate medical and psychosocial services
- a medical social worker with extensive experience working with HIV-infected persons
- pharmacists to provide patients with insight into medications and treatment programs
- dietitians to assist and consult regarding nutrition
Other Mayo Clinic specialists with an interest and expertise in HIV are available for consultation. Mayo physicians are active in HIV research. The HIV Clinic also coordinates access to HIV clinical trials, the outpatient intravenous treatment center, the Mayo Patient and Health Education Center, and Mayo Hospice.