Work with nurses to provide direct patient care to people undergoing hemodialysis treatment due to kidney failure. Duties include:
- Taking vital signs
- Obtaining vascular access
- Taking blood samples
- Managing equipment
- Working with patients and their families
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- A caring attitude and respect towards people and diversity
- Honesty, personal responsibility and sound judgment
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Hemodialysis Unit: Patient centered care in a fast-paced, technical environment.
Monday through Friday with occasional weekends; hours will vary.
Graduate of Mayo School of Health Sciences Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (HPCT) Program or a similar program. High school diploma with hemodialysis experience will also be considered.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Be a certified nursing assistant or have comparable patient care experience
|Recommended High School Classes|
- Health care sciences
- Second language
- Computer applications
- Medical terminology
|Minnesota Median Salary|