Raymond L. Heilman, M.D., is a nephrologist in the Division of Nephrology with primary clinical focus in kidney and pancreas transplant. Dr. Heilman is the chair of the Division of Nephrology.
Areas of clinical expertise include:
- Evaluation of patients before kidney and pancreas transplantation
- Management of immunosuppression after transplantation
- Evaluation and management of the complications after kidney or pancreas transplantation
- Research interests include the study of using genomic biomarkers to manage immunosuppression and expanding organ availability by increasing the utilization of kidneys from deceased donors with acute kidney injury
Dr. Heilman is a member of the Executive Operations Team at Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona.
- Kidney transplant outcomes
Mayo Clinic Locations
Fellow - NephrologyMayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Resident - Internal MedicineSt. Joseph Mercy Hospital
MDUniversity of Illinois College of Medicine
BS - ChemistryUniversity of Tulsa
Activities and Honors