- BA - Biology, with Distinction University of Missouri, Kansas City
- MD University of Missouri, Kansas City
- Internship - Internal Medicine Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Resident - Adult Psychiatry Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Fellow - Chemical Dependency Fellowship - Mayo Foundation Scholar Cornell University
- Addiction Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Associate Editor, Philosophy, Ethics and Humanities in Medicine, 2009-present
- Co-Chair, Treatment Improvement Committee, American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, 1999-present
- Clinical outcome studies and gender in substance-related disorders
- Pharmacogenomics in clinical practice
- Translational psychiatry; neuroethics
See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
See a description of research activities.