Clinical Psychology, Health emphasis, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Clinical Health Psychology, University of Florida Health Science Center, Gainesville, FL
Transplant Psychology, Center for Behavioral Health Research in Organ Transplantation and Donation, University of Florida Health Science Center, Gainesville, FL
Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Transplant psychology and psycho-oncology, caregiver and general social support
- Psychological factors affecting medical conditions, quality of life, adjustment to chronic illness
- Optimizing psychometric assessment to study the impact of health behaviors related to end-stage organ disease and transplant outcomes
- Integrating evidence-based behavioral medicine with transplant medicine
- Risk factors for cancer and cardiovascular diseases (e.g., tobacco and alcohol use)
- Cancer and cardiovascular risk behaviors, adherence to medical regimens (compliance)
- Health behaviors related to transplant outcomes
- Ethics of organ and cell donation
- Multi-site transplant center study of skin cancer prevention behaviors in solid organ transplant populations
- Randomized NIH clinical trial to examine the efficacy of an herbal treatment for tobacco dependence
See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
See a description of research activities.