General guidelines for linking:
- URLs for individual pages may change as we update content. Please check your links often to ensure they remain active. If you're not linking to a specific article, we recommend that you link to the disease page that is most relevant to your topic.
- Re-posting content or images on other websites or framing of MayoClinic.org pages within another website is prohibited. Instead of framing, we encourage you to open MayoClinic.org in a new window. Users have found that approach easy to navigate, and they remain on your site.
To point users to MayoClinic.org and open the results in a new window, the code is:
<a href="http://www.mayoclinic.org/" target="mayoclinicwindow">www.MayoClinic.org</a>
- It is not MayoClinic.org's standard policy to exchange reciprocal links. Requests for reciprocal links are reviewed based on our external links policy. Additional information regarding external links is provided within our product development policy.
- Links to MayoClinic.org should not appear (through highlighting, for instance) as though the linking site has an overarching relationship with Mayo Clinic.
- If you wish to link to drug information content on MayoClinic.org, the link must go to the MayoClinic.org Drug Information home page at http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements. Links to individual drug pages are not permitted.
- Paraphrasing or excerpting MayoClinic.org content is not permitted.
Use of MayoClinic.org RSS feeds
We welcome the use of MayoClinic.org RSS feeds for personal use in a news reader or as part of a noncommercial website or blog. If you post our RSS content links on your website, we ask that you provide proper attribution to "MayoClinic.org" and that you also provide a link to our home page at www.MayoClinic.org as described above under "Links to the MayoClinic.org home page."
Licensing content from MayoClinic.org
MayoClinic.org has a content licensing program, if you are interested in hosting MayoClinic.org content for your site.
If you are interested in licensing our content, please contact:
Jul. 26, 2014