Volunteers perform support activities for various areas departments at Mayo Clinic, including Continuing Medical Education, Mayo Medical School, Patient Education Center and Social Services.
The jobs in these areas include labeling and stuffing envelopes, restocking pamphlets, assembling information packets, mailing out materials, assembling syllabi and cataloging information. Except for Social Services, assignments are task oriented and do not involve direct patient contact.
Shift lengths vary depending on the project.
Other special projects and assignments include:
- Labeling and distributing magazines to the waiting room areas of the Baldwin, Mayo and Gonda buildings
- Restocking brochures and maps in the patient/visitor racks
- Restocking employee publications in brochure racks
- Mayo Clinic Volunteer Services
- Mayo Clinic Young Volunteers