Mayo Clinic Young Volunteers assist patients, visitors and staff with various responsibilities on this new 39-bed Neurology medical care unit. In addition, volunteers have opportunities to observe team members on the health care team.
- Visit or play games with patients and family members
- Accompany stable patients off the unit to the coffee shop, courtyard or chapel
- Deliver mail to patients and assist with reading mail as needed
- Get magazines from the SMH Patients' Library for patients or their family members
- Assist unit secretary with filing and delivering supplies
- Assist patients and family members with Video on Demand and CaringBridge
Shift times are available on weekdays and weekends: 3:30 — 5 p.m.