Volunteers greet patients and visitors, answer questions, give information and provide directions in the subways and lobbies of several Mayo Clinic patient care facilities. Volunteers help patients who are physically challenged or otherwise need assistance to access lobby-level elevators.
- Alert, friendly and easily approachable
- Keep up-to-date regarding resource changes
- Knowledgeable of Mayo Clinic campus facilities, able to convey directions in a clear, concise manner and able to find information in response to inquiries
- Ability to ascertain and be responsive to area of greatest need
- Able to stand and walk around for a minimum of two hours
- Know how to maneuver wheelchairs onto elevators and be physically able to assist, if necessary