Caring Canines volunteer Sandy and dog Benji
Caring Canines volunteer service seeks specially trained and registered dogs to enhance social interaction and provide companionship and comfort to hospitalized patients at Mayo Clinic.
To be eligible for Caring Canines:
- Handlers must be at least 21 years old
- Handlers must complete Mayo Clinic Volunteer Services orientation
- Handlers and dogs must be registered by Pet Partners (formerly the Delta Society)
- Dogs must be up to date on mandatory vaccinations
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred