Mayo Clinic and its hospital campuses have cafeterias that serve patients and visitors.
Visitor Cafeteria – Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus
Volunteers serve as hostesses/hosts, offering assistance to customers and providing support to dietetics staff. Shifts are from 11:30 a.m. to
1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
NEDS Cafeteria – Mayo Clinic Hospital, Methodist Campus
A volunteer serves as host in the visitors' cafeteria during lunchtime, assisting customers in wheelchairs, those needing help walking, or those with children. Volunteers locate seating, carry food trays and refill coffee cups or water glasses. Volunteers also visit with patients and visitors, making them feel welcome and comfortable. Shifts are 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Patient/Visitor Cafeteria – Mayo Clinic
Fast-paced area where volunteers assist those in wheelchairs and others who need help getting through the serving line and to their tables. They help with many things, such as food selection, pushing trays through the line, getting condiments and carrying trays to tables.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with employees
- Possess a friendly, welcoming attitude and enjoy assisting and interacting with patients and visitors
- Good communication skills, especially listening
- Ability to be on your feet for two hours
- Ability to push wheelchairs, carry food trays, bend and stoop