Volunteering at Mayo Clinic in Arizona
Volunteers at Mayo Clinic in Arizona serve patients and visitors with a personal touch. As a Mayo Clinic volunteer, your work will help patients feel more comfortable, assist Mayo staff members in carrying out their patient care mission, and become a source of pride and enjoyment. Like everyone at Mayo Clinic, we have a primary concern for patients' well-being, comfort and security.
Volunteers contribute to Mayo's mission in numerous ways. Volunteers help reassure anxious visitors, support a caring but busy professional staff, and help ensure the individual attention that Mayo patients have come to expect.
Our volunteers have a variety of occupations and backgrounds and come from around the world. Approximately 60 percent are women and 40 percent are men. Some interesting facts about Mayo volunteers:
- Our volunteers range in age from 15 to 96 years.
- Some of our volunteers are college students.
- Forty-eight volunteers are husband-and-wife teams.
- The No. 1 reason why volunteers give their time and effort is gratitude for services received at Mayo Clinic.
- Each year, our volunteers contribute more than 70,000 hours to Mayo Clinic.
How can I get involved?
For more details about volunteering at Mayo Clinic, see:
May 02, 2014